One evening, last week, I was trying to work quietly, while the midget was checking out the photographs of the media-crazed coverage of Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma’s reception in Mumbai.
I made a concerted effort to concentrate on reading about strategic financial management for a client website, but I was finally laughing too hard to concentrate.
In an effort to document my glee, I started documenting these earnest asides from my mother. I was not disappointed.
1. Rekha: She looked so nice in the linen sari she wore last time, now she’s gone back to looking like a Christmas tree.
2. Priyanka Chopra: She dresses so well normally! Couldn’t her stylist iron her sari?!
3. Amitabh Bachchan: Needs a stylist desperately. He looks like an upholstery cover.
4. Shahrukh Khan: He had dressed like a human being for once! [I have no idea what this is supposed to mean!]
5. Sidharth Malhotra: His sleeve is embroidered in one place, like an accent. Cushion cover in the making. Combined with Amitabh, they make a fantastic sofa set.
6. Varun Dhawan: Trying too hard.
7. Nita Ambani: She drips money. It’s not a bad look; it just LOOKS expensive.
8. Katrina Kaif: Look at this mermaid. [I lost it at this one.]
9. Ibrahim Ali Khan: There’s a turtle on his jacket. Why?
10. Siddharth Roy Kapur [next to Aditya]: Ooh these brothers look good! For once he doesn’t look like a pumpkin in a churidaar-kurta.
11. Shashank Khaitan [Had to Google this.]: His dhoti, I think it is a dhoti, is straight from the laundry basket. And who wear turquoise socks with brown suede shoes? I’m lost for words. [Clearly.]
[Peppered amongst comments about how beautiful most of them look.]