Project: Shirt Resuscitation Part 4

Yeah, this is an on-going enterprise.

To be fair though, after my last update in MARCH, I had finished the outlines of the flowers by mid-April. [Please excuse the photos. I am the world’s worst photographer.]

This completed the remaining flower outlines.

And here is one of all the flowers labelled.

I then moved on to plotting out the colour schemes. The flower photographs I had used for inspiration already had their own colours, so I avoided taxing my puny brain too much and picked up those colours in cotton embroidery floss. Then I had to replicate the shading on the flowers, which let me tell you is a daunting prospect.

Lots of embroidery blogs I follow suggest colouring pencils as a means to plan stitch direction, colours, and so on. So I broke out the design and tried to match the floss to the limited set of colour pencils I had. the attempt wasn’t pretty, but it sufficed for me to get an idea of how to start.

The colours look a little darker on paper, but they are quite a bit softer in floss. I had a picture of that too somewhere, but I can’t find it any more.

Hopefully my next update will be about starting on the tulips, and some progress will be visible. For the moment, I am sticking to a simple satin stitch, because the thought of mixing up the stitches boggles my mind!

Advertisements

Tell me what you think

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s